Google

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Creative Commons...creative but useless.

I have been searching day and night for the past week on a cheap legal way to get a copyright. I found this website called "Creative Commons" and i actually used it, however it does not protect you from anything.

I sent them an email stating that someone has been claiming to use one of my original works as their own. They're reply was this:

Hi Carlos,
I am sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately, Creative Commons can not provide legal assistance in enforcing your Creative Commons license.
Please see this link for more details:
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/FAQ#Will_Creative_Commons_help_me_enforce_my_license.3F
All the best,
Francesca Rodriquez


If you click the link you will soon understand that CC will not help enforce you CC licence. In fact, they advise you to get a volunteer Lawyer that belives it can hold up in court.

If anyone knows anyother way of getting a legal copyright for free, or cheaper than U.S. copyrights, please notify me.